If you are looking into getting your little one swimming lessons here are some useful tips from Southern Swim Schools
1. Speak to family and friends for recommendations
2. Look on the STA website – check the swim school is registered.
3. Check they are a STA Swim Star Swim School as this is bench mark of quality
4. Go along and watch a lesson and speak to parents whilst you are there. This gives you an idea of atmosphere, what is going on, how happy children and parents seem. Don’t ever expect a trial lesson though!
5. Are they well established? You can guarantee if they have been running for a long time they are doing something right!
6. Are they full? If they are full then they are popular, you may have to go on a waiting list but it be worth it.
7. Check out the badge scheme – does it include water safety as well as swimming? Water safety is so important- teaching children to be safe around water is a vital life lesson.
Visit https://www.swimsouth.co.uk/ for more information on lessons.